Undergraduate Graduation Checklist - Fall 2018
Submit Application for Graduation
Graduation Requirement Check
- Your Graduation Status will indicate "under review" until the Graduation Office checks your degree audit to make sure you have met degree requirements. Contact your adviser if you have questions regarding your degree audit.
- The Graduation Office will begin checking degree requirements the second week of the current term for students who have submitted an application for that term.
- Your Graduation status will be posted in AccessPlus by midterm.
- To check your graduation status, login to AccessPlus, click on student tab, select graduation from menu on left and then from the menu in upper left-hand corner select one of the following:
- Graduation Status - Undergraduates
- Grad Stdnt Status - Masters and PhDs
- You will receive an email every time your graduation status is updated.
Outstanding Graduation Requirements
Degree Audit and Other Issues
- Contact your adviser
- Changes to degree audit must be initiated by your adviser and submitted to department/main college office for approval.
Grades for incompletes, non-report coursework, grade changes, and/or test out credit
- Must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar by December 14, 2018.
Official transcript for transfer coursework from other schools
- Must be submitted to the ISU Admissions Office, by January 11, 2019.
- Official paper transcripts should be mailed to: ISU Admissions Office, 100 Enrollment Services Center, Ames, IA 50011
- PDF (electronic) transcripts should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
All outstanding graduation requirements must be resolved by December 14, 2018. If you cannot meet this deadline, please contact the Graduation Office, 210 Enrollment Services Center at 515-294-1840 or at email@example.com.
Diploma Mailing Address and Ceremony Information Form
Complete form in AccessPlus before Tuesday, December 11, 2018. Note: system will close after this date.
1) Log into your student AccessPlus account.
2) Click on the Student tab, select Graduation from menu on the left, then Diploma/Ceremony in the upper left corner.
3) Select your name. This will open up the form.
4) Complete the following information:
- Address you would like your diploma mailed
- Newspaper release
- Indicate attendance at the University Ceremony
- Indicate attendance at College Convocation.
Completing the Diploma/Ceremony Form Tutorial
With Distinction Cords
- Pick up in the Registrar's Office, 214 Enrollment Services Center after November 2.
- For eligibility details visit: http://catalog.iastate.edu/academics/#scholasticrecognitiontext and see the text under "Graduation with Distinction."
- Check Graduation Status in AccessPlus (Student tab, Graduation, Graduation Status) to see if you will be graduating with distinction and what level.
- Transcripts with grades and degrees will run the night of January 3, 2019
- Go to the transcripts webpage for more information.
Financial Aid Exit Counseling Session
- An exit counseling session is mandatory if you have borrowed through the Federal Direct Stafford Loan Program (either subsidized or unsubsidized).
- Complete your exit counseling online by going to http://www.nslds.ed.gov. If you have questions, please contact the Office of Student Financial Aid, 0210 Beardshear, or call 515-294-2223.
Loans Receivable Exit Counseling Session
- An exit counseling session is mandatory if you have borrowed from the Disadvantaged Student Loan, Federal Perkins Loan, Health Profession Student Loan or University Long Term Loan programs.
- If you have questions, please contact Loans Receivables, 0880 Beardshear, or call 515-294-8747.
Accounts Receivable Office
- Review your u-bill periodically, 1-2 months after graduation for any late charges.
- Your transcript will not be released after graduation unless all financial obligations are cleared. For more information, go to 0880 Beardshear Hall or call 515-294-7388.
Email After Graduation
Post-Graduation Plans Survey
- It is federal requirement that the university report on the success of its graduates.
- To meet this requirement, complete the appropriate college-based survey available at: http://www.career.iastate.edu/post-graduation-plans-survey/
Contact the Graduation Office, 210 Enrollment Services Center, phone 515-294-1840, fax 515-294-9925, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.