Undergraduate Graduation Checklist
Spring Semester 2021
Submit an Application for Graduation
- Submit your application via AccessPlus: Select student tab, graduation, application (upper left corner).
- While spring 2021 undergraduate candidates may still apply to graduate at this time, the deadline for inclusion in the commencement program was March 3rd at 5:00 PM. Candidates who apply for graduation after March 3rd may still participate in the Cyclone Graduation Celebration at Jack Trice Stadium.
Graduation Requirement Check
- Your Graduation Status will indicate "under review" until the Graduation Office checks your degree audit to make sure you have met degree requirements. Contact your advisor if you have questions regarding your degree audit.
- The Graduation Office will begin checking degree requirements the second week of the current term for students who have submitted an application for that term.
- We are still actively reviewing undergraduate applications for spring 2021. We encourage you to review your degree audit and review any issues with your advisor. Once your application has been reviewed, you will be contacted via email.
- To check your graduation status, login to AccessPlus, click on student tab, select Graduation from menu on left, then from the menu in the upper left-hand corner select one of the following:
- Graduation Status - for Undergraduate graduation status
- Grad Stdnt Status - for Masters and PhD graduation status
- If you receive and email from the Graduation Office indicating your Graduation Status is not ok do not withdraw your application and resubmit to update your graduation status. Contact the Graduation Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 515-294-1840 if you have questions regarding your graduation status.
- You will receive an email every time your graduation status is updated.
Outstanding Graduation Requirements
Degree Audit and Other Issues
- Contact your advisor
- Changes to degree audit must be initiated by your advisor and submitted to department/main college office for approval.
Incompletes, non-reports, grade changes, and/or test out credit
- These items can delay graduation and should be rectified as soon as possible.
- Official transcripts for all transfer work must be be submitted to the ISU Admissions Office
- Official PDF (preferred method): email@example.com
- Official Paper Transcript: Mailed to: ISU Admissions Office, 100 Enrollment Services Center, Ames, IA 50011
If you receive and email from the Graduation Office indicating your Graduation Status is not ok do not withdraw your application and resubmit to update your graduation status. Contact the Graduation Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 515-294-1840 if you have questions regarding your graduation status.
Diploma Mailing Address and Ceremony Attendance Information Form
1) Log into your student AccessPlus account.
2) Click on the Student tab, select Graduation from menu on the left, then Diploma/Ceremony in the upper left corner.
3) Select your name. This will open up the form.
4) Complete the following information:
- Address you would like your diploma mailed
- Newspaper release
- Indicate attendance at the Cyclone Graduation Celebration
Completing the Diploma/Ceremony Form Tutorial
With Distinction Cords
Distribution of distinction cords will begin Monday, April 12th on the 2nd floor of the Enrollment Services Center (Office of the Registrar). For eligibility details visit: http://catalog.iastate.edu/academics/#scholasticrecognitiontext and see the text under "Graduation with Distinction."
- Transcripts with grades and degrees will run the night of May 20th.
- Go to the transcripts webpage for more information.
Financial Aid Exit Counseling Session
- An exit counseling session is mandatory if you have borrowed through the Federal Direct Stafford Loan Program (either subsidized or unsubsidized).
- Complete your exit counseling online by going to https://www.financialaid.iastate.edu/types-of-aid/loans/loan-features-and-services/entrance-and-exit-counseling/
- If you have questions, please contact the Office of Student Financial Aid, 0210 Beardshear, or call 515-294-2223.
Loans Receivable Exit Counseling Session
- An exit counseling session is mandatory if you have borrowed from the Disadvantaged Student Loan, Federal Perkins Loan, Health Profession Student Loan or University Long Term Loan programs.
- If you have questions, please contact Loans Receivables, 0880 Beardshear, or call 515-294-8747.
Accounts Receivable Office
- Review your u-bill periodically, 1-2 months after graduation for any late charges.
- Your transcript will not be released after graduation unless all financial obligations are cleared. For more information, go to 0880 Beardshear Hall or call 515-294-7388.
ISU Email After Graduation
Post-Graduation Plans Survey
- It is federal requirement that the university report on the success of its graduates.
- To meet this requirement, complete the appropriate college-based survey available at: http://www.career.iastate.edu/post-graduation-plans-survey/
Contact the Graduation Office, 214 Enrollment Services Center, phone 515-294-1840 or email email@example.com.