Masters and Doctoral Graduation Checklist
Summer Semester 2021
Submit an Application for Graduation
- Submit your application via Accessplus: Select student tab, graduation, application (upper left corner).
Meet Graduate College Deadlines
As you complete your graduate studies at Iowa State University, there are specific deadlines and requirements associated with graduation. Visit the Graduate College Website for a list of current semester deadlines.
Diploma Mailing Address and Ceremony Attendance Information Form (Available in June)
- Log into your student AccessPlus account.
- Click on the Student tab, select Graduation from menu on the left, then Diploma/Ceremony in the upper left corner.
- Select your name. This will open up the form.
- Complete the following information:
- Indicate attendance at University Commencement Ceremony
- Newspaper release
- Address you would like your diploma mailed
- Diploma distribution and covers.
- Transcripts with grades and degrees will be run the night of August 18, 2021.
- Go to the transcript webpage for more information: http://www.registrar.iastate.edu/students/transcripts.
Financial Aid Exit Counseling Session
- An exit counseling session is mandatory if you have borrowed through the Federal Direct Stafford Loan Program (either subsidized or unsubsidized).
- Complete your exit counseling online by going tohttps://www.financialaid.iastate.edu/loans/entrance-and-exit-counseling/. If you have questions, please contact the Office of Student Financial Aid, 0210 Beardshear, or call 515-294-2223.
Loans Receivable Exit Counseling Session
- An exit counseling session is mandatory if you have borrowed from the Disadvantaged Student Loan, Federal Perkins Loan, Health Profession Student Loan or University Long Term Loan programs.
- If you have questions, please contact Loans Receivables, 0880 Beardshear, or call 515-294-8747.
Accounts Receivable Office
- Review your u-bill periodically, 1-2 months after graduation for any late charges.
- Your transcript will not be released after graduation unless all financial obligations are cleared. For more information, go to 0880 Beardshear Hall or call 515-294-7388.
ISU Email After Graduation
Post-Graduation Plans Survey (Available mid-semester)
- It is federal requirement that the university report on the success of its graduates.
- To meet this requirement, complete the appropriate college-based survey available at: http://www.career.iastate.edu/post-graduation-plans-survey/
For more information
Contact the Graduation Office, 214 Enrollment Services Center, phone 515-294-1840, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.