- Quick Links
- Undergraduate Candidates
- Graduate College Candidates
- Veterinary Medicine
- Ceremony Information for Students
- College Convocations and Receptions
- Financial Aid
- Future Commencement Dates
- Past Commencement Programs
- Past Honorary Degree Recipients
- Questions? Email Us
- Registrar Home
Graduation & Commencement
Spring 2015 Commencement
Graduate College Commencement Ceremony
8 p.m., Fri., May 8
Speaker: Dr. Susan J. Lamont
C.F. Curtiss Distinguished Professor of Agriculture & Life Sciences
Veterinary Medicine Commencement Ceremony
12 p.m., Sat., May 9
C.Y. Stephens Auditorium
Speaker: Dr. James DeLano
Co-founder of Bishop Ranch Veterinary Center and Urgent Care
Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony
1:30 p.m., Sat., May 9
Speaker: Bruce L. Rastetter
President, Board of Regents, State of Iowa
Welcome families, friends, and Class of 2015!
You are cordially invited to Iowa State University's Spring 2015 Commencement Ceremonies. We hope you enjoy your stay at Iowa State University and in Ames.
Graduation day is both exciting and hectic, so it's good to plan ahead. See the tips below to help the day go more smoothly. For additional questions, contact the graduation office at email@example.com.
- Use our mobile friendly Graduation Quick Links. From lodging and restaurants to maps and lineup instructions for the big day, this is your go to source for information.
- Doors open to Hilton and C.Y. Stephens approximately one hour prior to the ceremonies.
- A handicapped entrance is located on the west side of Hilton Coliseum.
- All public parking on commencement day is south of Hilton. Parking attendants will direct you to the proper location.
- Arrive early to find your seats and meet your family. Decide on a meeting place for after the ceremony since everyone will be dismissed immediately after the ceremony.
- Leave purses and other personal items with friends and family during the ceremony.
- The Brunnier Art Museum in Scheman will be open from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. on Sat., May 9. Those arriving before doors open to Hilton at 12:30 may want to stop in and see the latest exhibition: Ever Changing Land: The Art of Ellen Wagener.
- A live Twitter feed will take place before and after the undergraduate commencement ceremony. Include #CyclONEgrad in your tweets and they may appear on the big screen at Hilton. A tagboard has also been set up at: https://tagboard.com/cyclonegrad.
- Photography: photos can be taken from your seat during the ceremony. In addition, Flash Photography staff will be on the floor to take two close-up pictures: one before you walk onstage and another as you receive a diploma cover from either the provost or the president. These photos can be purchased online soon after commencement.
- The ISU Alumni Association hosts a complimentary reception for graduates, families, and friends at the ISU Alumni Center following the graduate/undergraduate ceremony. See www.isualum.org for more information.