Graduation & Commencement
Photos by Iowa State University Photographer Christopher Gannon
Fall 2015 University Commencement Ceremony
Saturday, December 19
1:30 p.m., Hilton Coliseum
Welcome families, friends, and Class of 2015!
You are cordially invited to Iowa State University's Fall 2015 Commencement Ceremony. We hope you enjoy your stay at Iowa State University and in Ames.
Graduation day is both exciting and hectic, so it's good to plan ahead. See the tips below to help the day go more smoothly. For additional questions, contact the graduation office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use our mobile friendly Graduation Quick Links. From lodging and restaurants to maps and lineup instructions for the big day, this is your go to source for information.
- Doors open to Hilton approximately two hours prior to the ceremony.
- A handicapped entrance is located on the west side of Hilton Coliseum.
- All public parking on commencement day is south of Hilton. Parking attendants will direct you to the proper location.
- Arrive early to find your seats and meet your family. Decide on a meeting place for after the ceremony since everyone will be dismissed immediately after the ceremony.
- Leave purses, coats and other personal items with friends and family during the ceremony.
- A live Twitter feed will take place before and after the undergraduate commencement ceremony. Include #cyclONEgrad in your tweets and they may appear on the big screen at Hilton. A tagboard has also been set up at: https://tagboard.com/cyclonegrad.
- Photography: photos can be taken from your seat during the ceremony. In addition, Flash Photography staff will be on the floor to take two close-up pictures: one before you walk onstage and another as you receive a diploma cover from either the provost or the president. These photos can be purchased online soon after commencement.
- The ISU Alumni Association hosts a complimentary reception for graduates, families, and friends at the ISU Alumni Center following the graduate/undergraduate ceremony. See www.isualum.org for more information.