Masters, Ph.D. and Undergraduate Ceremony
Saturday, December 21
1:30 p.m., Ceremony
Ceremony and line-up instructions
Need to find something quick? Try our mobile friendly Graduation Quick Links!
Welcome to Iowa State University Fall Commencement 2013!
Families and Friends:
You are cordially invited to Iowa State University's Fall 2013 Commencement Ceremony. We hope you enjoy your stay at Iowa State University and in Ames.
Graduation day is both exciting and hectic, so it's good to plan ahead. Please see the tips below to help your day go more smoothly. If you have additional questions, contact the graduation office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information: Use our mobile friendly graduation guide to help find lodging, restaurants, maps, lineup instructions, convocations, and more.
- Doors open: Doors to Hilton Coliseum open approximately 1 hour prior to the ceremonies.
- Handicapped entrance: Located on the west side of Hilton Coliseum.
- Public parking: On commencement day, parking is south of Hilton. Parking attendants will direct you to the proper location.
- Arrive early: Find your seats and decide on a meeting place for after the ceremony since everyone will be dismissed immedicately after the ceremony.
- Leave purses & coats: Graduates, please leave purses, coats and other personal items with friends and family during the ceremony.
- Photography: Graduates and those in the audience may take photos from their seats during the ceremony. In addition, Flash Photography staff will be on the floor to take two closeup pictures: one before graduates walk onstage and another as graduates receive a diploma cover from either the provost or the president. These photos can be purchased online soon after commencement.
- ISU Alumni Association: A complimentary reception for graduates, families, and friends will be held at the ISU Alumni Center following the university commencement ceremony.