Iowa State University Spring 2014 Commencement Ceremonies
Master's & Ph.D.
8 p.m., Friday, May 9 at Hilton Coliseum
12 p.m., Saturday, May 10 at C.Y. Stephens Auditorium
Veterinary Medicine Commencement Speaker:
Dr. Michael Riegger
1:30 p.m., Saturday, May 10 at Hilton Coliseum
Welcome families, friends, and Class of 2014!
You are cordially invited to Iowa State University's Spring 2014 Commencement Ceremonies. We hope you enjoy your stay at Iowa State University and in Ames.
Graduation day is both exciting and hectic, so it's good to plan ahead. See the tips below to help the day go more smoothly. For additional questions, contact the graduation office at email@example.com.
- Use our mobile friendly Graduation Quick Links. From lodging and restaurants to maps and lineup instructions for the big day, this is your go to source for information.
- Doors open to Hilton and C.Y. Stephens approximately one hour prior to the ceremonies.
- A handicapped entrance is located on the west side of Hilton Coliseum.
- All public parking on commencement day is south of Hilton. Parking attendants will direct you to the proper location.
- Arrive early to find your seats and meet your family. Decide on a meeting place for after the ceremony since everyone will be dismissed immediately after the ceremony.
- Leave purses and other personal items with friends and family during the ceremony.
- A live Twitter feed will take place during the undergraduate commencement ceremony. Include #CyclONEgrad in your tweets before, during and after commencement.
- Photography: photos can be taken from your seat during the ceremony. In addition, Flash Photography staff will be on the floor to take two close-up pictures: one before you walk onstage and another as you receive a diploma cover from either the provost or the president. These photos can be purchased online soon after commencement.
- The ISU Alumni Association hosts a complimentary reception for graduates, families, and friends at the ISU Alumni Center following the graduate/undergraduate ceremony. See www.isualum.org for more information.