Graduation & Commencement
Photos by Iowa State University Photographer Christopher Gannon
Spring 2016 Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony Moves to Jack Trice Stadium!
Continue to check this website frequently as we continue to give updates on the ceremony changes.
Saturday, May 7
1:30 p.m., Jack Trice Stadium
Spring 2016 Graduate College Commencement Ceremony
Thursday, May 5
7:30 p.m., Hilton Coliseum
(Please note: New day & time!)
Spring 2016 Veterinary Medicine Ceremony
Saturday, May 7
12:00 p.m., C.Y. Stephens Auditorium
Welcome families, friends, and Class of 2016!
You are cordially invited to Iowa State University's Spring Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony! As we make changes to move the ceremony to Jack Trice Stadium, please continue to check this website often for the latest information! For additional questions, contact the graduation office at email@example.com.
- Inclimate weather plan: A decision will be made at noon on Fri., May 6, if the weather looks to be bad for Saturday, in which case, the venue will return back to Hilton Coliseum.
- Student line-up: Graduates should wear their regalia and report to Bergstrom Football Complex no later than 12:15 p.m. for check-in and processional lineup. The Bergstrom Athletic Facility just west of the Jacobson Building on the NW side of the stadium.
- Gates open to Jack Trice approximately two hours prior to the ceremony at 11:30 a.m.
- Entrance: Use Gate 3 (south side) or Gate 5 (northwest side).
- Bag check: Please note, bags will be checked before entering the stadium.
- Handicapped parking is located in lot S3 on the SE side of Jack Trice Stadium. If special accomodations are needed, please contact the graduation office.
- Public parking is available near the stadium. Parking attendants will direct you to the proper location.
- Arrive early to find seats and decide on a meeting place for after the ceremony since everyone will be dismissed immediately after the ceremony.
- Seating will be on the west side of the stadium.
- Leave purses, and other personal items with friends and family during the ceremony.
- Concessions: Limited refreshments will be available for sale at the stadium
- A live Twitter feed will take place before and after the undergraduate commencement ceremony. Include #cyclONEgrad in your tweets and they may appear on the big screen at Hilton. A tagboard has also been set up at: https://tagboard.com/cyclonegrad.
- Closed captioning will be provided on the jumbotrons during the ceremony.
- Photography: photos can be taken from your seat during the ceremony. In addition, Flash Photography staff will be on the floor to take two close-up pictures: one before you walk onstage and another as you receive a diploma cover from either the provost or the president. Graduates will receive instructions via email from the photographer on how to view and purchase photos online soon after commencement.
- Optional Indoor Viewing: Available in Stephens Auditorium where livestream video of the ceremony will be shown.
- The ISU Alumni Association hosts a complimentary reception for graduates, families, and friends at the ISU Alumni Center following the graduate/undergraduate ceremony. See www.isualum.org for more information.
- New this year! Cyclone Graduation Dinner at Seasons Marketplace. For reservations and details, visit http://www.catering.iastate.edu/cygrad.
Please note: Recorded commencement ceremonies may be viewed via our YouTube Channel starting with the Spring 2014 ceremony.