Photo by Iowa State University Photographer Christopher Gannon
Spring 2020 Virtual Commencement Ceremonies
President Wintersteen and campus leaders are excited to bring the pomp, circumstance, and Iowa State commencement traditions to you wherever you may be in Iowa, the country, or around the world. Iowa State University’s Spring 2020 virtual commencement ceremonies for undergraduates, graduates, and Veterinary Medicine graduates have been pre-recorded and will be available on-demand at https://virtual.graduation.iastate.edu/ beginning at 10 AM (central time) on Saturday, May 9, 2020. Each ceremony is approximately 30 minutes long.
College Convocations and Celebrations
In lieu of their convocations and receptions, the colleges also are prerecording virtual events to recognize and congratulate their students, in many cases at the department level.
- Friday, May 8 (on demand beginning at 9 a.m.)
- Friday, May 8 (on demand beginning at 5 p.m.)
- Saturday, May 9 (on demand beginning at 9 a.m.)
- Graduate students: Thursday, May 7 (6 p.m.)
- Undergraduates: Friday May 8 (by department, at specific times throughout the day)
- Friday, May 8 (on demand beginning at 1 p.m.)
- Friday, May 8 (on demand beginning at 7 p.m.)
Graduation CYlebration Gifts
The university mailed all Spring 2020 graduates their Graduation CYlebration Gifts in late-April and early-May, which included a souvenier cardinal-and-gold tassel, message from President Wintersteen, diploma cover or tube, streamer tube, and message and gift from the Alumni Association. In mid-June, after all degree requirements have been verifed, the university will mail graduates their diploma, commencement program, and honor cords for students graduating with distinction. Keep an eye on the mail for the cardinal bubble mailer!