Spring 2021 Ph.D. Commencement Ceremony
- Presenting professors will wear academic attire. The University Bookstore handles the university's academic attire needs. For renting or purchasing academic attire, faculty may visit: https://www.isubookstore.com/grad-attire
- Faculty are encouraged to arrange for academic attire as soon as possible. Faculty may also borrow attire from a colleague.
Information regarding parking for presenting professors will be sent at a later date.
Arrival for Ceremony
Details regarding parking, arrival, staging, etc are still being determined. One details are finalized we will post at this page and email confirmed presenting professors.
Presenting your candidate during the Graduate College Ceremony
1. During the awarding of the degrees, a marshal will prompt you when to proceed to the front of the stage.
2. When your candidate’s name is read, escort him/her to the President or Provost who will be standing center stage.
3. Your candidate will turn to face the audience and bend slightly at the knees enabling you to put the hood over his/her head and onto his/her shoulders.
4. Turn back towards the President or Provost. The student will acknowledge the President or Provost.
5. Next you may acknowledge your student and extend congratulations.
6. And finally, the President or Provost will acknowledge you and extend congratulations to you.
7. Your student will exit the stage via the front center stairs and receive his/her diploma cover. At the time your student exits the stage to return to his or her seat, you should return to your original seat.
Questions or Changes to Presenting Professor
Contact the Graduation Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 515-294-1840 with any questions or concerns.