Welcome families, friends, and Class of 2018!
You are cordially invited to Iowa State University's Spring 2018 Commencement Ceremony!
Graduation day is both exciting and hectic, so it's good to plan ahead. See the tips below to help the day go more smoothly. For additional questions, contact the graduation office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Doors open to Hilton approximately two hours prior to the ceremony.
- Arrive early to find your seats and meet your family. Decide on a meeting place for after the ceremony since everyone will be dismissed immediately after the ceremony.
- All public parking on commencement day is south of Hilton. Parking attendants will direct you to the proper location.
- Candidates, please leave purses, coats and other personal items with friends and family during the ceremony.
- A handicapped entrance is located on the west side of Hilton Coliseum.
- Handicapped seating: Special seating accomodations for guests is available on a first come, first serve basis on the concourse level of Hilton Coliseum. If assistance is needed the day of the ceremony, please speak with an usher.
- Closed captioning will be provided during the ceremony on the large video screen.
- A live Twitter feed will take place before the ceremony. Include #cyclONEgrad in your tweets and they may appear on the big screen in Hilton. A tagboard has also been set up at: https://tagboard.com/cyclonegrad.
- Photography: photos may be taken from your seat during the ceremony. In addition, Flash Photography staff will be on the floor to take two close-up pictures: one before candidates go onstage and another as they receive a diploma cover from either the provost or the president. Graduates will receive an email shortly after commencement and photos may be purchased online.