Spring 2020 University Commencement Ceremonies
We regret that Iowa State University must cancel all Spring 2020 University Commencement Ceremonies for undergraduates, graduate students, and veterinary medicine students.
Campus leaders are working on plans for a live-streamed graduation address in May.
Graduates will also have the opportunity to participate in a future commencement ceremony in December 2020.
Please refer to this webpage, where information will be posted as soon as it is known. The Office of the Registrar will be reaching out to all students who have applied to graduate Spring 2020 in the near future.
Welcome families, friends, and Class of 2020!
You are cordially invited to Iowa State University's Spring 2020 Commencement Ceremonies!
Graduation day is both exciting and hectic, so it's good to plan ahead. See the tips below to help the day go more smoothly. For additional questions, contact the graduation office at email@example.com.
- Doors open to Hilton approximately two hours prior to the ceremony.
- Arrive early to find your seats and meet your family. Decide on a meeting place for after the ceremony since everyone will be dismissed immediately after the ceremony.
- All public parking on commencement day is south of Hilton. Parking attendants will direct you to the proper location.
- Candidates, please leave purses, coats and other personal items with friends and family during the ceremony.
- A handicapped entrance is located on the west side of Hilton Coliseum.
- Handicapped seating: Special seating accomodations for guests is available on a first come, first serve basis on the concourse level of Hilton Coliseum. If assistance is needed the day of the ceremony, please speak with an usher.
- Closed captioning will be provided during the ceremony on the large video screen.
- A live Twitter feed will take place before the ceremony. Include #cyclONEgrad in your tweets and they may appear on the big screen in Hilton. A tagboard has also been set up at: https://tagboard.com/cyclonegrad.
- Photography: photos may be taken from your seat during the ceremony. In addition, Flash Photography staff will be on the floor to take two close-up pictures: one before candidates go onstage and another as they receive a diploma cover from either the provost or the president. Graduates will receive an email shortly after commencement and photos may be purchased online.