Academic Attire Deadlines
- Graduates are required to wear a bachelor's/master's gown, a black cap, and the appropriate color tassel.
- Graduates who are a member of the military, are welcome to wear their uniforms. Graduates who need to wear specific attire for religious or cultural purposes (e.g., hijab, etc.) are welcome to do so too.
- Your cap should be worn level, not tilted. Your gown should hang freely from the shoulders. Appropriate business clothing should be worn under your gown.
- Academic attire can be purchased from the University Book Store in the Memorial Union during regular business hours or via their website (http://www.isubookstore.com/MerchList.aspx?ID=8392)
- Delivery options included shipping or pick-up in store.
- Important Dates
- Last Day for Ground Shipping (Contiguous United States)- May 5th, 2023
- Last Day for 2nd Day Air Shipping- May 8th, 2023
- Last Day for Next Day Air Shipping- May 9th, 2023
- Iowa State Bookstore will always have product in stock to purchase without wait.
"Pick up at store” will be open always but the University Bookstore DOES NOT fulfill orders on Saturdays or Sundays.
Academic Attire (e.g., Caps, Tassels, and Gowns):
- Doctoral graduates are required to wear: The official Iowa State University doctorate regalia (i.e., Doctoral Gown, Ph.D. or Ed.D Hood, and Doctoral Tam).
- Academic attire can be rented or purchased from the University Book Store (https://www.isubookstore.com/shop/graduation/phd) by the below deadlines. If you have any questions, please contact Katelyn Engh (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Office of the Registrar will provide each doctoral candidate with a Ph.D. or Ed.D hood to use during the ceremony.
- If you use one of the Ph.D. or Ed.D hoods provided by the Office of the Registrar during the ceremony, you will need to return the hood to the Office of the Registrar staff on stage immediately after the ceremony. Failure to do so will result in a charge to your U-Bill of $170.00 for the replacement costs of the hood and a hold will be placed on your university record.
- If you will be bringing your own Ph.D. or Ed.D hood or would like to borrow your hood after the ceremony, please contact Abbie Suntken in the Office of the Registrar via e-mail at email@example.com.
- Important Dates
- Last Day to Order Doctoral Regalia for purchase- March 1st, 2023
- Last Day to Order Rental Doctoral Regalia (PhD/ EdD students)- April 4th, 2023
- Last Day to Order Rental Faculty Regalia- April 4th, 2023
- This is important: EXPEDIATED SHIPPING IS NOT AVAILABLE. We can NOT order any late product. These are firm deadlines per Oak Hall!